Come and work with us in Wentworth Falls!
Being part of our crew is a rare opportunity to be part of something amazing. Keep scrolling for current positions available at Happy Buddha Retreats, Blue Mountains.
If you’re looking for volunteer opportunities click here to learn all about our Exchange Program.
RETREAT CHEF | Specialising in Vegan banquet style meals | Full-time
The purpose of Happy Buddha Retreats is to hold space for people to take time-out, feel lighter and gain clarity. It’s all about ‘getting your happy back!’!
Our nourishing vegan & gluten free food is a key part of the guest experience.
As the Retreat Chef you will be responsible for preparing banquet-style meals for anywhere between 25 and 50 people. Your kitchen crew will be friendly & helpful volunteers (who are staying with us as work exchange participants).
About the role:
We’re looking for a motivated and creative chef who is experienced with vegan, gluten free and all-round healthy food.
You’ll be responsible for:
– Ordering and stock management
– Being creative and inventive with vegan, gluten free (and other dietary requirements such as fodmap)
– Ability to happily lead volunteers in the kitchen
– Controlling food and labour costs
– Creating exciting and delicious new menus each week and being mindful about food waste and seasonal produce
It is highly desirable if you have an appreciation for a retreat space (especially silent retreats, and working in an open kitchen). A basic understanding or appreciation of yoga, meditation and mindfulness (and also a quiet way of working and welcoming attitude) is important to us as you’ll be a key part of our retreat crew. The ideal candidate is open & friendly and would enjoy interacting with guests ~ and even introducing the food at mealtimes.
We also require:
– Experience & passion for vegan and gluten free food
– 2 to 3 years experience working as a chef
– Available to work a mix of days including weekends
– Full working rights in Australia
– You to be living in the Blue Mountains with your own transport
– Relevant trade qualifications (Cert III or similar)
– Hold a current food safety certificate
– Strong time management skills and meticulous attention to detail
– Excellent communication skills and a gentle approach to guests and volunteers
How to apply:
If this opportunity inspires you, apply for Retreat Chef by sending your CV and cover letter to [email protected] ✨
If you’re currently working, please let us know how much notice you are required to give.
Sorry, we will only be contacting successful applicants.