Happy Buddha Retreats is open…
Important information regarding Covid-19 and retreating with us
Last updated 30/7/2020
We re-opened June 5, after 2 months in hibernation mode, and are offering our retreat programs with Covid-19 safety measures in place. These measures are constantly evolving and revisions are made depending on the current advice from NSW Government.
Your safety is our priority
The safety of our attendees and crew is our highest priority.
Please note, if you are at all unwell let us know and we will reschedule your retreat. Whilst at the retreat, if you have any Covid-19 or flu-like symptoms you may be asked to leave the retreat early (and we will reschedule another date).
These symptoms include runny nose, sneezing, coughing, fever, sore throat and lethargy. We know this is an unusual circumstance, however, we need to keep the entire community and retreat centre safe.
How we’ll be supporting you:
- We’re being extra vigilant when it comes to cleaning and high-touch areas.
- Crew, facilitators and volunteers have been briefed on personal hygiene practices and retreat hygiene standards.
- Social distancing will be adhered to.
- Retreat capacity and numbers are capped based on the current 1 person per 4m2 regulation.
- We’re more than happy to reschedule your retreat to another date if you are unwell prior or during the retreat.
- Yoga will take place indoors and with class caps as per regulations. You may need to register for your yoga class and it will be a first in, first served basis.
How you can support us and other retreaters:
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell and email us to reschedule your retreat to a future date. There is no charge for this. We’d prefer your experience to be a healthy, positive one!
- It is each retreaters responsibility to ensure personal hygiene. If you choose to share with another retreater, twin-share, please be mindful of your physical distancing and your own health and safety measures.
- Solo retreaters, for extra peace-of-mind you can upgrade to a private room OR opt to twin-share with a stranger (but please practice physical distancing and extra hygiene).
- Consider downloading the COVID-Safe app.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly.
- Bring personal sanitiser for times you cannot wash your hands.
- Bring your own mat and props including a blanket for relaxation (you can also roll up and use as a bolster), eye pillow (optional), a pillow as support for yin yoga, a cushion you can sit on during workshops.
- Stay grounded in facts. We’ve found the NSW Health website a useful resource: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/diseases/Pages/coronavirus.aspx
- Stay positive and show compassion.
- Speak to the facilitator if you are unsure or uneasy about something.
- You may be asked to finish your retreat early if you appear unwell (and we will reschedule your retreat).
- “Spacious Connection” is our mantra so please adhere to physical distancing.
Please also read our Terms and Conditions page for additional information including a Waiver & Release of Liability.
Bookings made prior to March-May lockdown:
If you had a cancelled retreat booking or a future booking, our crew will be in contact with you to re-book a retreat, suggest alternative dates and other options. We have a long list of people to contact so if you haven’t heard from us, please feel free to let us know.
We can’t wait to retreat with you in person.
While you’re waiting for your retreat, here are a few articles from our archives to remind you that a sense of calm can be found within you and in nature.