Happy Buddha Retreats is open…
Important information regarding Covid-19 and retreating with us
Last updated 23/6/2021
We are open and offering various retreat programs with Covid-19 safety measures in place. These measures are constantly evolving and revisions are made depending on the current advice from NSW Government. The most recent advice from 23 June, 2021 can be found here.
Your safety is our priority
The safety of our attendees and crew is our highest priority.
Please note, if you are at all unwell (or you have travelled to a known hot spot in the last 14 days) please let us know and we will reschedule your retreat. Whilst at the retreat, if you have any Covid-19 or flu-like symptoms you may be asked to leave the retreat early (and we will reschedule another date).
These symptoms include runny nose, sneezing, coughing, fever, sore throat and lethargy. We know this is an unusual circumstance, however, we need to keep the entire community and retreat centre safe.
How we’ll be supporting you:
- We’re being extra vigilant when it comes to cleaning and high-touch areas.
- We will be checking your temperature with a contactless thermometer upon arrival. Please let the crew know if you would prefer the measurement to take place on your pulse as we can also record a reading in this manner.
- Crew, facilitators and volunteers have been briefed on personal hygiene practices and retreat hygiene standards. Crew will be wearing masks as per the 23 June 2021 mandate.
- Social distancing will be adhered to.
- Yoga room and dining capacity is capped based on the current 1 person per 4sqm regulations (as per NSW Health requirements)
- We’re more than happy to reschedule your retreat to another date if you are unwell prior or during the retreat.
How you can support us and other retreaters:
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell (or if you have recently travelled to or live in a known hot spot) and email us to reschedule your retreat to a future date. There is no charge for this. We’d prefer your experience to be a healthy, positive one!
- It is each retreaters responsibility to ensure personal hygiene. If you choose to share with another retreater, twin-share, please be mindful of your physical distancing and your own health and safety measures.
- Solo retreaters, for extra peace-of-mind you can upgrade to a private room OR opt to twin-share with a stranger (but please practice physical distancing and extra hygiene).
- Consider downloading the COVID-Safe app.
- Please register your attendance via the QR code available upon check in.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly.
- Wear a mask for all indoor workshops, yoga and in communal spaces (as per 23 June 2021 advice.)
- Bring personal sanitiser for times you cannot wash your hands.
- Bring your own mat and props including a blanket for relaxation (you can also roll up and use as a bolster), eye pillow (optional), a pillow or a cushion (from your bed or lounge is fine!) for support during yin yoga and to sit on during workshops.
- Stay grounded in facts. We’ve found the NSW Health website a useful resource: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/diseases/Pages/coronavirus.aspx
- Stay positive and show compassion.
- Speak to the facilitator if you are unsure or uneasy about something.
- You may be asked to finish your retreat early if you appear unwell (and we will reschedule your retreat).
- “Spacious Connection” is our mantra so please adhere to physical distancing.
Please also read our Terms and Conditions page for additional information including a Waiver & Release of Liability.
Retreats with the next 7 days from 23 June 2021
If you are booked into a retreat program within the next 7 days and you live or work within the local government areas mentioned OR you simply no longer feel comfortable attending a retreat, please contact us to reschedule.
We can’t wait to retreat with you in person.
While you’re waiting for your retreat, here are a few articles from our archives to remind you that a sense of calm can be found within you and in nature.