Waiver & Release of Liability
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability
I, (print name) ______________________________________________, hereby agree to the following:
- That I am participating in the Retreat offered by Happy Buddha Retreats, during which I will receive information and instruction about yoga, meditation, I will possibly be taking swims and going on bush walks. I recognise that these activities require physical exertion that may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in the Retreat and any overseas travel precautions. I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and I have no medical conditions that would prevent my full participation in the Happy Buddha Retreats.
- I will inform Happy Buddha Retreats in email of any health related issues I have that may affect me whilst participating in the Retreat.
- I understand that if I am pregnant, I will take necessary steps to ensure my doctor and health care providers know I am participating in this Retreat. I assert that I am of fit health to participate in the Retreat and will alert all teachers whose sessions I participate in that I am pregnant.
- In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Retreat, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the retreat, including any travel and any or all activities done with the Happy Buddha Retreats group, or as an individual at the accommodation and facilities provided.
- In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the Retreat, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have against Happy Buddha Retreats and staff for injury or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in the retreat. I, my heirs and legal representatives forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Happy Buddha Retreats for any injury or death caused by their negligence or other acts.
- Travel Insurance is recommended.
I have read the above release and waiver of liability and fully understand its contents.
I acknowledge that I have had ample opportunity before signing this Form to get independent legal advice about it.
Signature of Participant Date
Retreat Terms and Conditions
> Bookings are confirmed only upon full-payment via our online payment portal. Sorry no space can be held or taken over the phone.
> We accept Visa and Mastercard as payment and process via Stripe.
> There are no discounts for late arrivals or early departures.
> Unless otherwise stated, retreat prices are in $AU and per person, based on twin-share rooms.
> Confirmed bookings may be transferred to another person should you be unable to attend. Please inform us in writing and supply relevant contact details.
> We are more than happy to reschedule a retreat should you be unable to attend, please just let us know in writing.
> If you wish to share with a friend and they book separately, please notify the booking team of your request and we will do our best to place in the same room.
> Once you have booked via our website you will receive an invoice, a booking confirmation, and travel reminder.
> By agreeing to our Waiver at the time of booking via a tick-box we will assume all attendees on the same booking are also in agreeance.
> We encourage you to purchase travel insurance for any retreat, including ours.
Cancellations and Refunds
> A full refund will only be offered if you cancel and inform us via email at least two weeks prior to your retreat. (Please include your full name, booking number and retreat date with you email refund request). > If you cancel within two weeks of your retreat, we will offer a retreat credit (instead of a refund) so you can reschedule to another available date.
> If we need to cancel a retreat due to unforeseen circumstances (including bush fires, pandemic such as COVID-19 and other extreme circumstances causing temporary closure) we will offer two options:
a) Retreat Credit so you can reschedule to another available retreat date OR
b) A full-refund. (If a temporary closure has taken place, the refund will be issued within 2 months after re-opening the business.)
> If a refund is available to you (above conditions) please email us your full name, booking number and retreat date.
>Refunds will take place via our online payment system, Stripe, and refunded to the card you originally paid with. Sorry, no direct debit refunds available. Once your refund is processed you will receive an automated email
> Gift certificates are valid three years from their purchase date.
> Gift certificates are not redeemable for cash, nor credit or change is given.
> We do not hold places on our retreats however if you would like to be on a waitlist for a specific retreat date, please email the crew with your contact details and the retreat date. If a space becomes available we will be in contact and will require full payment prior to your arrival.
> No alcohol is to be consumed at the retreat centre or in our surrounding grounds
> Smoking and recreational drug use is prohibited in and around the retreat centre, including the surrounding bushland.
> During Covid-19 regulations you must physically distance yourself from other retreaters.
> We have a no pet policy, however, if you have a guide dog, please contact our crew to arrange your booking.
> We have a friendly cat who occasionally visits the main retreat centre (Inner Joy, Long Weekend and Ignite Your Life programs) and who lives at the retreat communal house (Silent Retreat, Women’s Retreat, Inner Rhythm)
> We do not provide keys to rooms and suggest items of high value are either not bought along to retreat, or kept safe in your car.
> There are two car parks on the property, the first outside the retreat centre, the second is 1 minute walk to the top of our property (entrance gate).
> We have quiet time each night from 9:30pm until the following morning at 9am.
> All rooms are twin-share with an ensuite in the retreat centre and twin-share shared bathroom in the communal retreat house (please check your program venue).
> Solo retreaters who are opting to share with another retreater will be paired up with someone of the same gender.
> Light sleepers or snorers are encouraged to add-on the single room option for an extra $124 per person, per night.
> Vegetarian meals are provided during your retreat stay. Additional dietary requirements such as allergies are to be informed to us via our web-check in process or via email.
> Only confirmed attendees are to be on our property. Sorry, no guests.
> Please inform us if you a pregnant and consult with your medical practitioner.
> It is important you inform us of any health concerns (including mental health) or physical injuries / ailments on our web-check in form or via email.
> We do not supply health, medical or mental health advice. Instead we will guide you through yoga, meditation techniques and create a safe space to enjoy your experience.
> As in with any new experience there can be triggering moments so please take steps to always be kind to yourself.
> There are hiking and walking trails around our location. Please review the recommended walk sheet in your room and hike/walk at your own ability. These walks are not part of our property and we do not take responsibility of their upkeep or quality.
> No workshop is compulsory however we encourage you to take part in as many activities as you can to make the most of your retreat experience.
> The Silent Meditation Retreat ~ Journey Into Stillness ~ is strictly technology-free. All mobile devices are to be handed in on arrival for safekeeping by our crew.
Use of Written and Photographic Material
> If you provide feedback on our form, on social media or via email, we may use this in marketing content.
> Any photographs taken by Happy Buddha Retreat crew of attendees or taken by you in and around retreat may be used by us for marketing purposes.
> If you would prefer we do not use any of the above material please advise us of this in an email.