A good portion of this delicious plant-powered soup definitely counts as a well-balanced meal. And the beauty is ~ it’s nourishment in one simple bowl.
Lentils are rich in fibre, iron and protein whilst the vegetables sustain us with a whole array of vitamins and minerals! And, of course, its warming and hearty creamy texture leaves you comforted and nourished.
Perfect for cooler months when nature is letting go and getting ready to reset, this bowl of nourishing lentil and roasted veg soup is sure to put a smile on your face! It’s a regular at retreat and a creation of Yara Baranova, one of our passionate crew.
Yara’s nourishing lentil and roasted veg soup
3/4 cup red split lentils (rinsed well), quarter of a pumpkin peeled, 1 red capsicum, 1 sweet potato, approx 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 onion, 1 tbsp italian herbs, 1 tbsp paprika, 1 tbsp cumin, 2 tsp tumric, 1 cup veg stock, 1 cup almond milk (or other plantbased milk), salt and pepper to taste.
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees (Celsius).
2. Cut and prepare all veg to 1cm chucks (be sure to peel sweet potato prior to prep).
3. Toss pumpkin, capsicum, and sweet potato on a tray to roast with a generous amount of olive oil (leaving a little to fry onion in next step). Coat with italian herbs, cumin, paprika and salt and pepper. Roast for up to 45-mins at 200C (or until veggies are soft).
4. Fry onion with some olive oil in a pot until golden (about 5 mins) .
5. Add lentils, stock and turmeric and boil until lentils are tender, adding more water if necessary. T
6. Add roasted vegetables and almond milk to the lentils, blend everything together. If too thick, hot water can be added to blend more.
And voila! A delicious, hearty soup, perfect for autumn and winter days.
If you love the sound of this soup, have a look at our other recipes, including our famous granola, the creamiest of mushrooms and raw cacao & peanut bar.
Ready to experience balance and bliss… and treat yourself to the perfect retreat? One where you’ll connect with an amazing community of empowering new friends. A retreat where you’ll leave both completely rested as well as revitalized, inspired and energized for your future.
If you’re ready for an experience unlike any other… go here now to book your next retreat with Happy Buddha… we’re waiting for you.