We’ve called this one HEARTY roasted tomato soup for a reason! Tomatoes, rich in Vitamin B and potassium, are amazing for heart health, helping to reduce cholesterol and lower blood pressure. It’s delicious – tangy and creamy at the same time!
600g of tomatoes (which ever you prefer & what’s in season) quartered
1 carrot, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 small beetroot, cubed
1/2 red capsicum, chopped / cubed
3 garlic cloves, remove skins and kept whole
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 can cannellini beans, rinsed
1 cup coconut milk
Handful of basil leaves
1 cup vegetable stock
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180c.
2. Prepare veg & garlic and spread out on a baking tray. Drizzle with good glugs of olive oil, season well. Cook for 40mins – 1 hour until veggies are soft and golden.
3. In a large pot, cook onion in olive oil (until translucent) and add the paste, milk, beans, stock and basil leaves.
4. Add in your roasted veg and simmer on low for 10mins.
6. Blend soup until smooth with a stick blender (be careful, it’s hot!)
7. Add more stock or milk if required, or loosen soup with a little water if needed.
8. Serve with garnishes of your choice. (We’ve used pumpkin seeds, basil and a little leftover cashew cream – it’s your choice!!)
This recipe was adapted from a larger soup one of our resident cook’s, Yara Baranova, recently created. As with all of our recipes, experiment and add in your favourite flavours.
Talk about yummy! Eating nourishing food just like this roasted tomato soup is all part of self-care! Have a look at our other recipes, a sampling of the type of meals you’ll experience while at retreat. YUM-ASTE!
Ready to experience balance and bliss… and treat yourself to the perfect retreat? One where you’ll connect with an amazing community of empowering new friends. A retreat where you’ll leave both completely rested as well as revitalized, inspired and energized for your future.
If you’re ready for an experience unlike any other… go here now to book your next retreat with Happy Buddha… we’re waiting for you.